Nature has gifted us with natural sea sponges with a unique softness and texture, rendering them extremely absorbent. The sponge helps in creating a rich lather without retaining the odour which enhances your shower ritual.
Unlike a synthetic sponge that is made of closed bubbles, the natural sponge consists of a channel system with each pore being connected to another. As such, this channel system enables the self cleaning mechanism of the sponge by flushing the dirt out of all the pores at once. The usage of a natural sponge is therefore highly hygienic and recommended for both allergies and sensitive skin types.
Our natural sea sponges thrive ecologically on underwater fields in the Mediterranean. They are made of natural material that grows back very quickly. As such, they are harvested in an environmentally friendly manner twice a year and is monitored by the Ministry of Fisheries. When the sea sponges are harvested, millions of seeds are released into the surrounding water so that new sponges can grow back.
So, opt for natural sea sponge for a healthier and ecologically friendly alternative.
* Softens and gently cleanses the skin
* Naturally exfoliates and removes dry skin
* Highly absorbent which creates rich lather without the odour
* Sustainable and environment friendly
* Rinse in clean water after use. Please do not use boiling water as it is a pure natural fiber.
* Squeeze to expel water and hang up to dry.
* For extra cleaning, soak in 1 quart of water with 2 tbsp of baking soda for 1 hour.
* Alternatively, it can be washed in a laundry bag in the wool programme of the washing machine but without any washing powder.
* Your sponge will last for years with good care.
This is the only product in our store which is not vegan.
Approx. 10 cm